The Georgia Real Estate Commission & Appraisers Board
Mission: Our agency's mission is to ensure professional competency among real estate licensees and appraisers and to promote a fair and honest market environment for practitioners and their customers and clients in real estate transactions in Georgia.
Latest News & Announcements
Our Online Services for Real Estate Firms, as well as all Schools has been upgraded. All Qualifying Brokers and School Directors, who have not already established logins in the new system, will need to register new login passwords for the upgraded system. Instructions for the new process may be found here: New Online Services Login Instructions
2018 Criteria Changes for Appraisers
On February 1, 2018, The Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) adopted changes to the education and experience requirements for obtaining the Licensed (L) and Certified Residential (CR) classifications. All of the adopted changes lessen the 2015 requirements, therefore making it easier for candidates to meet the criteria for these classifications.
Effective October 15, 2018, The GA Real Estate Appraisers Board (GREAB) adopted the following changes to Rule 539-1-.16 regarding the education requirements for L and CR candidates:
- College-level education requirements for L applicants are no longer required. Applicant must be a high school graduate or holder of a GED diploma. See Chapter 539-1-.16(3)c for details.
- Alternative college-level education options are now available for CR applicants, and applicant is no longer required to have a 4-year degree. See Chapter 539-1-.16(4)c for details.
Note: GREAB has NOT adopted any change to the experience requirements.
Recent Rule Changes
On December 11, 2019, the Georgia Real Estate Commission proposed amending Rule 520-1-.02 Definitions. and Rule 520-1.09 Advertising. You can read the proposed amendments at: http://www.grec.state.ga.us/about/reproposed.html
Standards for Developing and Reporting an Evaluation Appraisal
On July 17, 2019, the Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Board proposed amending Rule 539-3-.04 Standards for Developing and Reporting an Evaluation Appraisal. You can read the proposed amendments at http://www.grec.state.ga.us/about/apprproposed.html
Between now and September 9, 2019, the Board will accept comments on the proposed amendments. The Board will hold a public Hearing on the proposed amendments at its next scheduled meeting on September 25, 2019.
Continuing Education Increase for Real Estate Licensees
- On July 1, 2015: required hours of continuing education increased from 24 to 36.
- On July 1, 2016: 3 of the 36 hours must be on the topic of License Law. Click here for list of approved LAW courses.
Video Discussion of CE Rule Change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS0AWylhzOI
GREC Sponsored CoursesThe Commission sponsors the following 3-hour online CE courses. Click on the title to register:
- Georgia Instructor Training
- Annual School Meeting
- A Study Guide for the Georgia Broker Simulation Examinations
- Important Information For Renewals
- News & Meetings
- Office Practices And Trust Account Review
- Georgia Real Estate InfoBase
- Waiver or Variance Requests – Click this Link ; then Click on “ Search Rules Waiver Petitions”; Under “Search by” Use Chapter Number “ 520” to search for Real Estate Rule Waivers and Variance Requests and Chapter Number “539” to search for Appraiser Rule Waivers and Variance Requests.
- Lawful Presence Requirements
Visit us on Facebook: